You are hereFunding and Awards / Travel Awards
Travel awards are available to assist graduate students to attend scientific conferences or participate in cruises and field work. Priority is given to graduate students who have had a paper or poster accepted for a recognised conference.
The Society cannot guarantee that an award will be made and this should not be assumed in applying for funding elsewhere.
Previous award winners are listed here.
Guidlines for applicants:
- Applicants must be members of the Challenger Society.
- Applications for Travel Awards should take the form of a statement of the reasons for travel, including its scientific value, and if applying for funds to attend a conference, that a paper or poster has been accepted, and the total budget for the travel explaining how the majority of the costs will be found.
- They can be submitted by email using the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Please try and apply in a timely manner before funding is required.
- Successful recipients of Travel Awards are required to provide a brief report to be published in Challenger Wave and on the website following attendance at the meeting or completion of field work.
- Payments will only be made once the report has been received.
- Only 1 student travel award will be granted during any student's PhD programme.
- A statement of support from the student's supervisor must be included.
- Applications can be accepted at anytime but will be reviewed shortly after the above mentioned deadlines.
- Electronic submissions should be made to Dr Bee Berx (B.Berx@marlab.ac.uk) and Dr Mark Moore (email@example.com).
The Society expects to offer 16 awards annually with deadlines on February 15th, May 15th, August 15th and November 15th, each of £250.
|Challenger Society for Marine Science travel form||52.5 KB|