You are hereThe Society / Membership
What are the benefits of joining The Challenger Society for Marine Science?
- You receive the Society's journal, Ocean Challenge and Challenge Wave the Society's monthly newsletter.
- You find out about people, news, events and employment opportunities in marine science and you are provided with informed articles on topical issues.
- You find out what's going on in 'inner space' and learn about the exciting discoveries that have radically altered our view of the oceans and the part they play in our lives.
- You find out how interdisciplinary teams of marine scientists are studying critical issues such as the impact of human activity on global climate, rises in sea level and pollution control.
- You are able to attend, at reduced rates, the biennial Challenger conference and a range of other scientific meetings supported by the Society.
- You may contribute to the public debate concerning our use of the world's seas and oceans and the need for their proper management.
What are the annual membership fees The Challenger Society?
- Full membership £40 per year
- Student membership £20 per year
- Retired membership £20 per year
- Overseas membership £40 per year
- Corporate membership £150 per year
I have an unanswered question about becoming a member of the society, who should I contact?
If you have any outstanding questions, feel free to contact Bee Berx (B.Berx@marlab.ac.uk), who will be happy to help.
How do I join The Challenger Society?
- Download and complete the membership form available here.
Please note: If you are applying for Corporate membership please use this alternative form.
- Email your form to: email@example.com, or,
If paying by cheque, please post your form to:
Mrs Jennifer Jones,
Challenger Society for Marine Science,
National Oceanography Centre, Southampton,
- I am a student, what information do I need to send to qualify for student membership?
To qualify for student membership, you must be a full-time registered student. Please provide details.
- Can I pay my membership by cheque?
You may join by sending a cheque for the appropriate amount to Jennifer Jones.
- What are my other payment options?
Alternatively, you may pay by Visa or by Mastercard, quoting your card number and the expiry date of the card and adding your signature and address.
- Can I pay by standing order?
Yes, if you wish to pay by Standing Order, please ask the Jennifer Jones (address above) to send you an additional appropriate form on your application.
|Membership Form (use this if unsure)||181.79 KB|
|Corporate Membership Form||103.43 KB|
|Membership Renewal Form for 2011||49.5 KB|