Challenger Society 2014 Conference
The Challenger Society for Marine Science 2014 Conference
Plymouth University, 8-11 September 2014
The Challenger Society for Marine Science's Conference 2014 will be held at Plymouth University located in the centre of Plymouth, with shops, facilities and attractions nearby and surrounded by spectacular countryside and beaches.
This biennial conference attracts over 300 leading UK marine scientists and science managers, as well as showcasing cutting edge marine science and technology.
The conference is noted for its training of young scientists and networks, and includes a fantastic optional 3 course dinner at Plymouth Guildhall, and a public lecture by an eminent authority on relevant societal marine issues.
Keynote speakers include:
- Prof Jason Hall-Spencer—Ecosystem effects of ocean acidification
- Prof Icarus Allen— Towards next generation of marine ecosystem models
- Dr Isabelle Rombouts–Pelagic biodiversity: from patterns to emerging processes
- Dr Emily Shuckburgh—The polar oceans in a changing climate
- Dr Adrian Glover—Environmental futures in the deep-sea mining frontier
Please join us on the Plymouth University campus between September 8 - 11th 2014 (inclusive) for a truly memorable conference. Quality campus accommodation is available as part of the booking process.
Please book early to avoid disappointment.
General information about the sessions and speakers can be found here
The full conference handbook can be downloaded here (14mB)
Ocean Business 2019
Sales job opening with Planet Ocean
Planet Ocean have an opening for a Scientific and Technical Sales Engineer.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for sales of marine science technology products
- Support the achievement of annual sales targets in line with company business strategy
- Build long term relationships with all relevant personnel in customers organisations
- Represent Planet Ocean at public forums and trade shows
- Organising and undertaking product demonstrations
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
You are invited on behalf of the World Meteorological Organisation and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, to the meeting of the Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October in Amsterdam, Netherlands.