AMBIO provides a technical forum for stduents, educators, researchers and governmental and industrial partners with shared interests in marine biogeochemistry. Our mission is to:
- Communicate and facilitate the proposal of strategic research, infrastructure development and collaboration;
- Connect Early Career Researchers (ECRs) with the UK-marine biogeochemical network;
- Enable access to mentoring across institutions for early- and mid-career marine biogeochemists;
- Disseminate recent advances in marine biogeochemistry through the biennial AMBIO science meetings;
- Promote ECRs and celebrate important contributors to marine biogeochemistry through awards, recognition and social engagements at AMBIO meetings;
- Engage other Special Interest Groups for the benefit of cross-disciplinary research.
Please email us at challengerambio@gmail to join our mailing list, and follow us on twitter: @ChallengerAMBIO
AMBIO held a half-day Town Hall event after the 2018 Challenger Society Conference in Newcastle. Minutes from this meeting are available here, and include our latest SIG developments, present national capability and strategic funding opportunities, plans for AMBIO IX and identified actions for our members. Thanks to all who supported this event and to those who did so remotely but could not attend on the day.
Links to past meetings
AMBIO VIII - The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS), September 6th-8th, 2017. You can read a summary of this event on the Challenger blog page.
AMBIO VII - University of Oxford, January 6th-8th, 2016. You can read a summary of this event here.
News items from the NOC Association and the Marine Facilities Advisory Board
The details of the membership of the Decade Working Group (DWG), that was announced at the May 2021 AGM of the NOC Association, are now available:
NOC Association of Marine Science National Capability Beneficiaries | National Oceanography Centre
The March 2021 minutes of the Marine Facilities Advisory Board are available here: Marine_Facilities_Advisory Board_March_2021_minutes.pdf (noc.ac.uk)
Are your institution’s details up to date on the The UK Marine Science and Technology Compendium? If not, please let the Secretary know.
Secretary to the NOCA and MFAB: Jackie Pearson, firstname.lastname@example.org National Oceanography Centre
Report on Impacts of Covid-19
Summary Report on the Impacts of Covid-19 available from the NOCA AGM
Cancellation of 2020/21 Challenger Conference
Sadly, the postponed 2020 Challenger Conference to be hosted at SAMs from 6th September 2021 has also been cancelled.