AMBIO provides a technical forum for stduents, educators, researchers and governmental and industrial partners with shared interests in marine biogeochemistry. Our mission is to:
- Communicate and facilitate the proposal of strategic research, infrastructure development and collaboration;
- Connect Early Career Researchers (ECRs) with the UK-marine biogeochemical network;
- Enable access to mentoring across institutions for early- and mid-career marine biogeochemists;
- Disseminate recent advances in marine biogeochemistry through the biennial AMBIO science meetings;
- Promote ECRs and celebrate important contributors to marine biogeochemistry through awards, recognition and social engagements at AMBIO meetings;
- Engage other Special Interest Groups for the benefit of cross-disciplinary research.
Please email us at challengerambio@gmail to join our mailing list, and follow us on twitter: @ChallengerAMBIO
AMBIO held a half-day Town Hall event after the 2018 Challenger Society Conference in Newcastle. Minutes from this meeting are available here, and include our latest SIG developments, present national capability and strategic funding opportunities, plans for AMBIO IX and identified actions for our members. Thanks to all who supported this event and to those who did so remotely but could not attend on the day.
Links to past meetings
AMBIO VIII - The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS), September 6th-8th, 2017. You can read a summary of this event on the Challenger blog page.
AMBIO VII - University of Oxford, January 6th-8th, 2016. You can read a summary of this event here.
The NOCA 2021 Annual General Meeting
The 2021 AGM of the NOC Association of Marine Science National Capability Beneficiaries (NOCA) will be conducted by Zoom on 11th and 12th May 2021
Net Zero Oceanographic Capability: Workshop
The Net Zero Oceanographic Capability (NZOC) project is running a virtual workshop: ‘The 21st Century Marine Scientist: delivering science in a net zero world Workshop 1’ on Wednesday 27th January 2021
Challenger Society 2020 Conference
Conference Postponed until Sept 2021 due to Covid-19 outbreak.Challenger Society 2020 Conference
at SAMS , Oban
6th-10th September, 2021
Registration, and Abstract submission is available on the conference website at https://challenger2020.co.uk