The Challenger Medal
The award is for a distinguished UK marine scientist or other person who has made a single major contribution, or a sustained contribution, to the development of marine science, or whose innovation has opened up new perspectives.
The Challenger Medal is the premier award of the Society. The award is for a distinguished UK marine scientist or other person who has made a single major contribution, or a sustained contribution, to the development of marine science, or whose innovation has opened up new perspectives. The medal is presented on the occasion of the Challenger Lecture by the recipient during the Challenger Society biennial meeting.
1.Should be by letter explaining the reasons for nomination, quoting, where appropriate, relevant reference to scientific publications or other contributions. Nominations should be submitted by 31st January 2018 (awarded at 2018 Challenger Conference in Newcastle, September 2018).
2. A short curriculum vitae of the nominee is required.
3. The nomination should be submitted by a single proposer with support by one or preferably two others.
4. Nominations should be submitted to the President of The Society (firstname.lastname@example.org) (from whom advice may also be sought) by January 31st 2018.
5. Nominations and applications will be considered by the Council of the Challenger Society.
6. The recipient need not be a member of the Challenger Society.
7. Current Council members of the Society are ineligible for any award or prize.
Ocean Business 2019
Sales job opening with Planet Ocean
Planet Ocean have an opening for a Scientific and Technical Sales Engineer.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for sales of marine science technology products
- Support the achievement of annual sales targets in line with company business strategy
- Build long term relationships with all relevant personnel in customers organisations
- Represent Planet Ocean at public forums and trade shows
- Organising and undertaking product demonstrations
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
You are invited on behalf of the World Meteorological Organisation and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, to the meeting of the Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October in Amsterdam, Netherlands.