Previous Award winners
- Professor Mike Meredith (2018)
- Professor Karen Heywood (2016)
- Harry Bryden (2014)
- Professor Harry Elderfield (2012)
- Professor Patrick Holligan (2010)
- Professor John Simpson (2008)
- Professor Tim Jickells (2006)
- Dr Tony Heathershaw and Dr John Scott (Joint award, 2004)
- Professor Mike Fasham (2002)
- Professor Peter Liss (2000)
Is fieldwork a requirement for a career in marine science?
Please save the date for an introductory and perception gathering event run by a subset of the Challenger Society EDIA working group. The virtual event will focus on ‘Evaluating perceptions of job roles in marine research and raising awareness of digital twinning of the oceans to promote diversity and inclusivity in the marine sciences.’ The event will take place on the 27th of January 2021 13:30-15:30 on zoom.
The Decade Working Group (DWG): Update
In the UK marine community the United Nations Decade of Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030), hereafter ‘the Decade’, is gaining growing publicity. What is less well established is how UK marine researchers can participate in the Decade and how funding for research will emerge.
New NERC Ocean Observations Consultation
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) has asked the National Oceanography Centre (NOC) to lead a piece of work on prioritising the sustained ocean observations that are most important to the UK and the international effort.