The Challenger-Woodward Fellowship
We are pleased to announce a new Challenger Society Fellowship in 2018.
This will be awarded for the first time at the biennial Challenger Society Meeting in Newcastle and is to be awarded to an early career-stage marine scientist who is carrying out research in the field of Nutrients and Nutrient Cycling in the Oceans.
This £2000 Fellowship is made possible by a generous gift from Society Honorary Life Member, Malcolm Woodward. The Fellowship will be awarded on a biennial basis to an eligible scientist who is a member of the Challenger Society for their achievements and promise.
The bursary will provide support for the Fellow to attend conferences/workshops, travel for fieldwork, and carry out activities aligned to the objectives of the Society for a period of up to 2 years following award.
- Nominations for the Fellowship are sought for outstanding early career researchers, quoting their contribution to the field and evidencing their potential as a future leader in marine science.
- Nominees will have a PhD in a relevant subject and will not normally have been employed for more than 10 years (full-time equivalent) post PhD award.
- The nomination should be submitted by a single proposer with support provided in writing by one or two (preferably) other members of the Society and/or other marine scientists of appropriate standing in the community. The letters of support should be included with the submission of the proposal along with a short CV of the nominee.
- Nominations should be submitted to the President of The Society (email@example.com) before May 1st.
- Nominees should be members of the Society.
- Current Council members of the Society are ineligible for any award or prize.
RRS Sir David Attenborough Science Users' Workshop
RRS Sir David Attenborough science users' workshop - Wed 25th to Fri 27th November 2020
NOC - Net Zero Oceanographic Capability Project
NOC announces an ambitious scoping project....
Challenger Society 2020 Conference
Conference Postponed until Sept 2021 due to Covid-19 outbreak.Challenger Society 2020 Conference
at SAMS , Oban
6th-10th September, 2021
Registration, and Abstract submission is available on the conference website at https://challenger2020.co.uk